Tuesday, August 25, 2015

How To Survive That First Day Back To School - Back To School Blues!

Back to School Blues!

Hello everyone!

I have recently found myself constantly thinking about September, in particular, September 1st! Yes, that's the day I go back to school. It is drawing nearer and I have now found myself staring at my calendar thinking, "But I am almost certain it was July last week." Well, it wasn't and in fact September 1st is this time next week. I dread school as much as the next person. This is because those days of lying in till half ten are over for the first five days of the week. Except for Saturday and Sunday I will have to get up everyday at quarter past seven, and because I am not a morning person this is pure torture. Of course I also deeply hate the idea of spending 6 hours or so in the sitting around in a classroom and instead of listening to music I have to listen to ranting teachers. I would rather spend those valuable 6 hours on the comfort of my couch at home, in my pyjamas, watching Netflix.

However, despite my reluctance I will just have to deal with it like everyone else. From experience the first day is always the worst. After the first day you can sort of get into a routine and it gets easier. That first day though is always the killer, so if you can survive that then you're already doing great!

These are my tips on how to survive that ghastly first day back:

  • Go to sleep early. This one is essential and will be a determining factor for being able to get up when your alarm rings that dreaded morning. There is no use staying up till midnight the night before and then having to drag yourself out of bed the next morning because you're so tired. You will then spend the rest of the day dragging yourself from A to B like the sleep deprived zombie you are.
  • Have a good breakfast. A good breakfast will make you happier. By eating healthy breakfast foods like muesli, porridge or toast you will have better attention span for the day, this can help make lessons a bit easier to sit through.
  • Dress appropriately. Although in my school it is compulsory to wear your school uniform, you school may not require you to wear a uniform. If this is the case then I recommend that you wear something comfortable for your first day.
  • Don't be late. Seriously if you turn up late halfway through the year it is absolutely fine. However, turning up late on your first day back is never a good thing. Usually when I'm running late it stresses me out and puts me in a bad mood for the rest of the day. If that happens to you too then avoid being late, the last thing you need is something to worsen you already bad mood.
  • Stay positive. This may sound impossible but if you can remain positive this may rub off on your class mates and put them in good form.
  • Pack a nice lunch. I recommend packing yourself one of your favourite unhealthy snacks for the first day back - comfort food will be there for you on this dreadful day.
  • Be organised. Pack everything the night before so that you don't have to worry about it the next morning and so nothing is forgotten.
There are a lot of ways to make your first day easier, but these are just a few that came off the top of my head. I hoped this helped some of you. To those of you who are actually excited to go back to school then this article probably made you think that those of us who aren't are incredibly weird , especially after seeing that we dread it so much that we set up a survival list on how to get through the day.

Hope you all have an awesome first day, if that's even possible. Also let me know in the comments how your first day back and tell me if it was as bad as you thought it was going to be. If you are not back at school yet then let me know if you are excited to go back or are you just dreading it.

Good luck and may the odds be ever in your favour!

-El x

No comments:

Post a Comment