What To Know About Going Into Year 11 (Fourth Year)!
Hallo! Long time no post! I do apologise that I haven't posted in a while, but this may explain why.
You may or may not know that I'm in fourth year. If not then now you know! I also happen to be starting in to my GCSE courses. Now, I knew GCSEs weren't going to be a walk in the park, but I didn't expect them to be like this. Suddenly, I don't understand Maths (I do fast track Maths so my teacher doesn't really explain it), I've started failing tests for once in my life in subjects that I thought I was good at! It all a bit of a whirlwind of madness - and let me tell you I was not ready for it!
I went into fourth year oblivious to the amount of work that I was going to be doing. Due to this I have been overwhelmed by what each subject had 'thrown at me'. Therefore, I have compiled a list of things I feel you should be aware of when going into fourth year:
* Start your notes as soon as possible - I'm not saying you have to learn them immediately, but when exam time comes around your not stressing about not even having your notes done, never mind learning them!
* Ask for help if you don't understand - speak to your teacher or a parent. With Maths I was a bit confused with quadratics, now we have moved on to a different topic that involves quadratics and I was so confused at the start of it because I didn't understand quadratics.
* Stop procrastinating - as they say, "procrastination is the thief of time." Click here to find out how I stop myself procrastinating!
* Understand the importance of it all - Year 11 (fourth year) doesn't seem like a big deal, but it is. This is the year you start your GCSE courses. What you learn this year will be vital foundations for your GCSEs!
* Enjoy it - it all gets harder from here! Enjoy it while it lasts. Because while it may seem like hard work now when you look back on it a few years later you'll wish things were still as easy.
I'm sorry for not posting regularly like I promised I've just been consumed by assessments at the moment. Hopefully I can try and post a little more often though!