Top 10: Funny, Random And Outdated Laws That Still Exist In The U.K Today!
Hello lovelies! Todays post is a tad random, but I thought I would do it anyway because there are some hilarious laws that the U.K still have today. A lot of them are completely useless to the modern world. So here are my top 10 favourites:
- You cannot ride in a taxi if you have the plague.
- You cannot handle salmon in suspicious circumstances.
- MPs cannot wear armour in Parliament.
- It is considered treason to put a postage stamp with the monarch's head on it upside down.
- It is illegal to die in the houses of Parliament.
- All dead beached whales must be offered to the monarch before you do anything with them.
- It is legal for a pregnant woman to relieve herself wherever she wants, including a policeman's helmet is she so wants.
- It is illegal to import potatoes into England if you have reason to believe that these potatoes are Polish.
- It is illegal to beat or shake your carpet, mat or rug. You may beat your doormat, but only before 8am.
- It is illegal not to tell the tax man anything you do not want him to know, but legal not to tell him information you do not mind him knowing.
There are some quite bizarre ones there aren't there? My favourite is number 2! How about you? Let me know in the comments which one you think is the weirdest. Also let me know if I should do another one of these, but this time do it for a different country. If so what country? :)
Have a good day everyone, and remember not to handle your salmon suspiciously :D